If you are like me and have a blog for your business and/or like blogging from time to time or on a regular basis it’s important that you learn a few things about not only promoting your blog but also making sure that your blog gets good SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and is seen by others. Here are 6 ways that you can improve your blog to make sure it gets seen.
6 Ways To Improve Your Blog So You Get Seen.
- Install a good SEO Plug-in. There are many to choose from but my favorite is Yoast. It’s very simple to use and has many great features, but the most important one is keywords.
- Highlight Keywords and tag them. Make sure to “Bold” any keywords on your blog at least one time and tag them.
- Do some keyword research. There is a great tool by Google called Keyword Planner which will show you which keywords are most popular based on the relevance of your blog post. Don’t just go for popular, but make sure your keywords are relevant to your post. I’d recommend setting up an Adwords Account if you don’t already have one even if it is just a free one If so that you can use this great tool. If you need help with using it, I recently made a video on it and you can view it by clicking here.
- Choose one keyword, then include it in your post permalink, title, and first sentence. This is very important for SEO. Just look at the permalink of your post and make sure the title is included. For this post, I pretty much made my post about blogging, the blog would be in my title, first sentence, and permalink. It really needs to be in all 3 for your blog to get indexed well. Make sure that your keyword is included in the body of your post a few times as well. I usually just “bold” the first time I use the keyword, but it probably doesn’t hurt to “bold” it throughout. Keywords are the juice of your blog and need to be included in the “tags’ section if you use WordPress or in a Keyword Tool if you have The Yoast Premium Plug-in. This way, you potentially increase their importance as far as search engines are concerned
- Be sure to offer ways for people to subscribe to your blog. We give away a free E-book, have a few pop-ups on different pages, and a contact us page.
- Lastly, make sure that everytime you blog that you always share your posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Linkedin or any social media site that would be relevant to your blog.
If you feel like you would rather stay away from marketing and focus more on the things you are good at — always feel free to reach out to me or another online expert for help on making your business stand out in a noisy overpopulated online world.